Amazing things have happened in the past two days with only a couple bumps in the road.
- Courage Conquering Cancer (our nonprofit company) has raised enough money to gift over 500 Recovery Tees! That was our yearly goal. We couldn’t be more ecstatic!!! Moving on to 1,000 now. If you’d like to help, go here.
- I went to TX Oncology today for a lab check hoping for “clean blood”. For the first time in five months my red blood cell count is within the normal range. Yay! The bad news is my white blood cell count and my platlet levels have dropped below normal. Maybe in 2 weeks they will recover.
- I met with my endocrinologist today in the hopes she would let me start tapering off of steroids now that I’m finished with chemo. I can’t go completely off of them, but she’s letting me taper down. Yay for me! Pray for my family. I’m not always the kindest person or most emotionally stable as I come off of steroids. This kind has been a lot nicer to me, so I’m hoping they will be easier to taper off of too. I’ll go back in November to see if she’ll consider letting me get off of them completely again.
- I went to my plastic surgeon’s office to see his nurse today. She checked my stitches and said they looked great, but they still aren’t ready to come out. I’m not swelling either which is great news. Please pray the infection is gone and not coming back, so I can finish the reconstruction process soon.
- I’m back working out. I have renewed motivation. It’s felt good to have reachable goals again. I really got discouraged there for a bit.
- And for the first time since Dec. of last year, I received a full paycheck! Yay! I felt rich for about 2 hours. Then, I paid my bills. It was still awesome!
- Still awaiting my beach trip. It’s not in my near future. BUT I’m holding on to hope! 🙂
For all you OCD people, I’m sorry, but this list is finished now.